Little Pickle’s Dad (LPD) loves to go skiing. Before we met, he used to go every year without fail but has only been once in the last 8 years. I know he misses it but for a long time, it just wasn’t something I could afford as a student and God bless him, LPD wanted to have holidays together rather than apart.
When his best skiing buddy asked him if he was up for an alpine adventure next year, LPD knew this could well be his last chance for the next few years to go. One last skiing hurrah before Pickle’s arrival. He threw caution, and finances, to the wind and agreed.
Now, don’t get me wrong, I’m thrilled for him. I knew he’d regret it if he didn’t go and a bit of a getaway before parenthood begins will do him some good. But now I want a getaway too. I want a babymoon.
- LPD will already be using 5 days annual leave for his skiing trip, so I want to use minimal annual leave as possible so he’s got more to use later in the year when Pickle is here!
- I’ve heard timing your babymoon is fairly important… I’m aiming for the 2nd trimester which doesn’t give me very much time to plan, especially as January is out of the window due to LPD’s work commitments
- Post house-move finances mean it needs to be very cost effective!
What I’m thinking:
- A weekend cottage break, Friday to Monday
- Friday to Sunday if absolute needs be
- Somewhere pretty, in the countryside, near a good hearty pub and some lovely country walks
- Potentially early February – before LPD goes skiing
Now to let the holiday searching commence… If you’ve ever booked a lovely little cottage break, definitely let me know how you got on! Who did you book with? Where did you go? Was it lovely?
Did you or are you planning a babymoon?